Wednesday, 3 August 2011
I'd been vaguely interested in the idea of geocaching. It was one of the groups available in our local U3A. But I didn't want to spend real money on a handheld GPS device before knowing that the enthusiasm would last for a while. Ahah! I discovered that my iPad had a built in GPS. Would it work in the field? I looked up geocaching on the internet and found www.geocaching.com. I was amazed at how many caches there were within a mile of home. One was in the woods behind my house! Oh, I've gotta look at this, thought I. I noticed that it had a high difficulty and terrain rating, but I was sure I could manage. I quickly solved the puzzle to get the co-ordinates. I love puzzles :) Lots of nettle stings, bramble scratches and frustration. Grr. Perhaps I need to start on an easier one. Found the free app from groundspeak and easily found all three of the easy caches within a mile of home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment